- Biggs seems eager to forge further into the machine.
- On speaking with Biggs and Wedge, you learn that the Illuminati have taken exception to your previous incursion into their territory, going so far as to call for your death. Unfortunately, you have no choice but to invade their fortress again for the good of the realm. Steel yourself to enter the colossus.
- ※The Cuff of the Father can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have felled the Illuminati forces that sought to block your path. Leave them and the area behind you.
- On your way out of the colossus, you encounter Cid, Mide, and Roundrox, who have taken the opportunity to survey the interior. As you look on, the treasure hunter searches through the belongings of a fallen goblin, seemingly in vain. When Cid subsequently asks what she is looking for, she tells him that her prize is the Enigma Codex...just as the goblin machinist suggested during your encounter with Quickthinx Allthoughts. The tome, written some hundred years past, apparently holds the plans for a variety of technological wonders. Chief among them is the invention known as "Alexander"─a walking citadel designed to serve as a bastion of reason and logic. Plainly, it is this ideal that gave form to the Illuminati's primal. Return to Biggs, and relate all that you have learned.
- Biggs listens intently as you recount your tale. Though plainly impressed by the idea of a walking fortress, he bemoans the Illuminati's reckless approach to realizing the design. Bastion of reason and logic or not, it is a primal, and must be destroyed.