- As usual, Alphinaud has a brilliant plan.
- The Alliance and the Resistance cannot suffer a repeat of the slaughter at Specula Imperatoris. As such, they will not march upon Castrum Abania until they can be certain the fortress's main cannon will not be brought to bear against them. Though the weapon was apparently disabled by a single unknown assailant, it is only a matter of time before it is restored to operational status. With the aid of an Alliance contact in Radiata, you and your comrades have devised a plan to infiltrate the castrum and seize control of the cannon's fire control center, after which you will signal the Allied forces to advance. But before you can do that, you must first deal with the patrols between you and the castrum.
- You dispatch the imperial patrol quickly and brutally, leaving nothing to chance. But it is only the first. Another is approaching.
- The second patrol goes as quietly as its predecessor. Though Alphinaud and Alisaie lack your skill and finesse, it seems unlikely that their own targets proved any more troublesome...
- As expected, Alphinaud and Alisaie are fine, as is Stark Woad, your contact. Your point of entry to Castrum Abania is not far, but a final patrol must be dealt with before you can proceed.
- Once more you ambush and kill the unsuspecting imperial soldiers, removing the last obstacle between the entrance to the ventilation system and your comrades. Nevertheless, one can never be too careful; it would be prudent to stand watch for a time.
- No more patrols are forthcoming, and so you signal your comrades to advance. Your plan, as Alphinaud reminds you, will be to split into two parties─one comprising Alphinaud and Alisaie, and the other, you and the irrepressible adventurers who you had the wisdom...et cetera and so on. Each will attempt to create a diversion inside the castrum, thereby allowing Lyse and her unit of Resistance fighters to proceed relatively unhindered to the fire control center. Weapons research is to be your destination, and one can only imagine what manner of foes await you there...
- ※Castrum Abania can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- Though the monstrosities within weapons research are as fearsome as they are horrific, it is they who should rightly be afraid. Shortly after delivering your verdict on another few billion gil of Garlean innovation, you are rejoined by Alphinaud and Alisaie, and together you make haste to the fire control center to rendezvous with Lyse and seize control of the cannon.
- At last you come face–to–face with the officer responsible for the destruction of Specula Imperatoris: Fordola rem Lupis. She makes no apologies for her actions and declares that all was in service to her countrymen─to secure a place for them within imperial society. Enraged, Lyse charges with murder in her eyes, only to find that her opponent possesses supernatural strength and agility. After effortlessly evading her attacks and cutting down Alisaie with a single stroke, Fordola dives through the window and makes her escape, but not before extending you and your comrades an invitation to the "royal hunt" on behalf of Zenos yae Galvus.
- With nothing to fear from the fortress's dormant cannon, Allied forces march on Castrum Abania and seize control of it in short order. Save for Alisaie's injuries─which you are assured will heal in time─the operation has gone exactly to plan. And yet Lyse stands apart, quiet and distant...