- After the briefest of discussions, the contingent for the Omega expedition is decided, with Cid and Nero providing the technical expertise, while you, Yugiri, Gosetsu, and─most unexpectedly─Yda supply the steel. Make your way to the northern bank of Silvertear Lake, where the Excelsior is waiting, and inform Cid of your readiness to depart.
- You arrive in Carteneau to find that Nero spoke the truth when he declared that you were not the only ones with designs on the slumbering relic. Challenged by a brutish Garlean soldier named Grynewaht, you are soon embroiled in a skirmish with imperial forces. Rather predictably, Nero abandons you without hesitation, employing a teleporter to travel deeper into the facility, and Cid duly pursues him, leaving you to see to the small matter of winning the battle.
- With a helping hand from your favorite former tribunus, you eventually rout your adversaries, and press on into Omega's control room. There you find Cid and Nero hard at work priming the relic for action, but it is Yda who finally takes it upon herself to press the launch button. Even as Omega takes flight, you cannot help but wonder if you have made a terrible mistake...
- Initially, all seems to be proceeding as planned, but just as you begin to breathe a little more easily, the signal emanating from the weapon falls silent, prompting Cid to reengage its stasis systems. Struggling to hide his concern, he immediately resolves to head for Gridania to find out what has become of Omega and its target.
- After a journey spent contemplating all manner of apocalyptic eventualities, you are relieved to find Gridania exactly where you left it. Trouble Cid for his thoughts on what could have become of Omega.
- Still baffled by the Allagan relic's sudden failure, Cid suggests a firsthand inspection. Perhaps the waiting Alphinaud knows something that might be of use to your investigation...