- Lucia's plan to rescue Ser Aymeric hinges upon luring the bulk of Ishgard's defenders out of the city. Correctly deducing that the revolutionaries have recruited knights in service to the High Houses, she asks Hilda to help by ordering these sympathizers to spread word of a heretic army massing outside the Gates of Judgement. Hilda agrees, but not before cautioning her that the deception will not last long. Ask Lucia what role she has in mind for you.
- Although the forces of the High Houses should no longer be a factor, a contingent of Temple Knights and the Heavens' Ward will doubtless remain to guard the archbishop and the imprisoned Ser Aymeric. Therefore, Lucia intends to divide her forces into two parties: yours to pursue Thordan VII and draw the attention of the Heavens' Ward, and hers to rescue Ser Aymeric during the ensuing chaos. Temple Knights still loyal to the lord commander have secured the entrance to the Vault. Speak with the squire outside to confirm that the others are in position.
- Once you and your companions make your entrance, the Temple Knight squire will send word to Lucia and the others, who stand ready to breach the underground gaol. See to your remaining preparations and commence the assault.
※The Vault can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- After facing wave after wave of Temple Knights and the Heavens' Ward besides, you stand at the pinnacle of the Vault, unbowed. Unable to repel your advance, Ser Zephirin gives the order to retreat, and Ser Charibert reluctantly obeys. Frantically, you give chase, sensing that your chance to seize the archbishop is slipping away.
- Rejoined by your companions and a wounded Ser Aymeric, you pursue Thordan VII, finally catching up with him as he prepares to board an airship and escape. After exchanging glances, you and Lord Haurchefant rush headlong towards the vessel─but in your haste to apprehend your quarry, you fail to notice a transformed Ser Zephirin taking aim at you, a spear of pure light in his hand. Alert to the danger, Lord Haurchefant bellows a warning and raises his shield in your defense, but the steel gives way, and the spear finds a mark...
The airship forgotten, you and the others surround Lord Haurchefant, who lies upon the ground struggling to breathe. As Ser Aymeric cradles him in his arms, the fallen knight looks to you with a mixture of agony and relief, and bids you favor him with a smile...before the light leaves his eyes forever.
- Outside the Vault, the Temple Knight squire informs you that the others have gone on ahead to Fortemps Manor. Join them and together inform Count Edmont of his son's fate.
- To serve; to protect; to sacrifice. There is no greater calling for a knight...or so Count Edmont labors to convince himself. Nothing you can say will be of comfort to him now. Go, and leave the count to mourn in private.
- Alphinaud has ever prided himself on his words, but when faced with a grieving father, he could find none. As he reflects on the many ways in which Lord Haurchefant helped you in the past, he grows quiet once more, and turns to look away...