The Tools of Tomorrow
|Click to view Map|
|Click to view Map|
|Click to view Map|
- The ever-so-slightly crazed glint in Nimie's eyes suggests that she is perhaps a bit too eager to upgrade your dragonsung tool to yet another level of power and potency. As per the convoluted instructions you have received from the trio of Skysteel engineers, you make a mental note to procure the required materials using the tool in question, trade them to Denys for pot upon pot of even gooier gobbiegoo, then deliver the lot to Nimie along with your tool.
- ※Please note that you may not proceed with a class or job that is different from when you accepted this quest.
- Thanks to your dedication and devotion─as well as the tireless efforts of your friends at the Skysteel Manufactory, your tool now sings with heretofore-inconceivable power. Taking it in hand with satisfaction, you feel certain that your fellow adventurers who now toil to rebuild Ishgard will likewise revel in the opportunity to wield these marvels of technology and take their already-potent crafting and gathering skills to new heights. You set off with naught left to do but anticipate the day that your mechanically minded friends are able to glean the knowledge and know-how necessary to reach still loftier goals.
|Undertake this quest as another job.||Undertake this quest as an Armorer.|
I hope you weren't about to wander off and slay goobbues─or whatever it is you adventuring types get up to─because we still need to upgrade that dragonsung tool of yours further before Neillemard and I can get to work adjusting the next set of designs.
Glad to see you're as passionate about this endeavor as we are. Needless to say, amassing such an abundance of materials is like to make you feel as if your fingers'll fall right off. I recommend you begin by shoving your hands in the snow until they go numb.
In any case, we require another batch of coating─this time of an even more concentrated variety. I also hear it's stickier, so look forward to that.
The materials involved are different as well, of course─but we still need you to procure them with your dragonsung tool. To understand how the augmented version functions in the hands of an expert tradesman such as yourself is paramount!
And as before, Denys's goblin contacts can be relied upon to produce the compound itself, so you are free to focus your energies on your craft. This has all worked out rather well, wouldn't you say?
...Or it will, once you bring said compound and your tool to me. I'll make all the innovative adjustments we have planned, slap some goo on it, and ensure that you walk out of here with a shiny new Skysteel creation that'll be the envy of your peers.
I'm sure you don't require me to remind you to utilize your Skysteel tool yet again─you'll think me one of those crackpots who believes in “spiritual bonds between tool and wielder.”
If you do wish to hear the importance of measuring wear patterns elucidated in my mellifluous voice once more, you need only ask, of course─but if it's the gobbiegoo required to upgrade your tool you're after, you will need to go through Denys. He's at his post inside the manufactory.
You haven't run screaming for the hills, so I take it you had little trouble acquiring a sufficiency of coating?
It certainly is...viscous. Now, just keep yourself occupied here for a bit while I work my magic. Trust me, the result will be more than worth the wait.
What's the matter, Neillemard? What with our grand endeavor proceeding so swimmingly, one would think you'd be in better spirits.
Do not mistake me─I am delighted at how far we've come with the Skysteel tools. When I think of our most recent designs, I feel certain that greatness is close at hand. And yet...I cannot envision how we are to attain it with the knowledge and resources currently at our disposal.
Ever looking onwards and upwards, aren't you? I admit I had a mind to do the same myself─I've just had a peek at what Nimie's up to.
The sheer finesse involved in those adjustments! Just watching had my heart fit to burst. Gods know how much precision we'll need to hone these tools even further, and what else besides.
Thorough research will be required before we can even begin to consider drafting plans anew. Though this doubtless pains you as much as I, we must be patient.
Rest assured, however, that no effort will be spared in determining how we might further enhance your skysung tool─which is what we've dubbed the instrument in its current form. A name worthy of its impressive new state, I am certain you will agree.
Ah! Speaking of which─I whipped up some sample replica tools based upon our work thus far. Rowena had a look at them, and she thinks they've got a real aesthetic appeal.
In fact, she reckons there are plenty of folks out there aching to get such a tool into their hands, and will pay good coin for it.
Seeing as she runs her own business, I'm inclined to take her at her word. Besides, she's even offered to donate a portion of the profits to our research. It's a win-win situation.
...Also, it's an offer we contractually can't refuse. So spread the word, and make sure to stop by and purchase some quality dragonsung tool replicas at your earliest convenience!
My apologies for the delay! As Denys may have mentioned, the process this time around required considerable attention to detail. But I am proud to inform you that the work is complete, and I didn't even burn my eyebrows off!
Ah...the satisfaction of a job well done. A satisfaction you too can enjoy, once I deign to hand over your tool.
Behold: your skysung tool! She's a beauty, if I do say so myself. And slightly sticky, but you'll learn to live with that. Anyway, the point is─we all got something out of this, and I look forward to yet more fruitful collaborations in the future.
Types of Highly Viscous Gobbiegoo:
- Highly Viscous Miner's Gobbiegoo
- Highly Viscous Botanist's Gobbiegoo
- Highly Viscous Fisher's Gobbiegoo
- Highly Viscous Alchemist's Gobbiegoo
- Highly Viscous Armorer's Gobbiegoo
- Highly Viscous Blacksmith's Gobbiegoo
- Highly Viscous Carpenter's Gobbiegoo
- Highly Viscous Culinarian's Gobbiegoo
- Highly Viscous Goldsmith's Gobbiegoo
- Highly Viscous Leatherworker's Gobbiegoo
- Highly Viscous Weaver's Gobbiegoo
- 105 for crafters, 60 for BTN/MIN, 7 for FSH.
- See Notes for complete list.