|Thordan has 3 distinct phases, during which he uses the following moves and mechanics:
||Thordan uses a frontal cleave on the MT. Avoid standing in front.
||Shoots an increasingly larger amount of slim conal AoEs with safe spots between them or on either side of the AoE.
||Raid-wide AoE. Deals light damage.
|Knights of the Round
||Summons Knights to aid Thordan in the fight.
- Two untargetable Paladin adds, Ser Janlenoux and Ser Adelphel, will charge around the arena, leaving behind Brightspheres. These will explode after a short time in an AoE around them, dealing damage and applying a Bleed debuff.
- A lancer add, Ser Vellguine, will spawn at a random edge of the arena. After a short time, a line AoE will appear down the middle of the arena, and he will charge across, dealing damage to anyone struck.
- A Warrior add, Ser Hermenost, will spawn, along with three Conviction Towers. After a few seconds, the towers will explode, dealing damage and applying paralysis to all players. To avoid, at least one player must stand in each tower, taking low damage.
- A Black Mage add, Ser Haumeric, will spawn and cast a skill that drops multiple large ice AoEs on random players.
||Targets multiple random players for a large lightning AoE. Avoid stacking.
|The Dragon's Eye
||Prepares Thordan to use The Dragon's Gaze.
|The Dragon's Gaze
||Gaze mechanic. Used immediately after The Dragon's Eye and anytime thereafter. Look away to avoid, or take moderate damage, get a vulnerability stack, and be feared for a short time.
||Multiple small AoEs will spawn under players. Used during the 4th Knights of the Round.
Advice and Tips
- Look away for The Dragon's Gaze to avoid being feared.
- Thordan moves to Phase 2 at ~5%.
Add phase. Players must deal with consecutive mechanics before they can again fight the boss.
|Stage 1: Ser Charibert & Ser Hermenost
||Charibert will spawn in the center of the arena and Hermenost will spawn along the outer edge. Two sets of Holy Chain and three Conviction Towers happen during this.
- After a few seconds, Charibert will create 3 lines of circular AoEs that will explode consecutively, starting at the center.
- After all of Charibert's explosions have finished, Hermenost will charge up his axe and slam it into the ground, detonating the Conviction Towers.
||Two players will be chained together, taking continuous damage until the chain breaks. Chained players need to run away from each other until it breaks.
||After the AoEs explode, Hermenost will set off the towers, dealing damage and applying paralysis to all players. To avoid, at least one player must stand in each tower, taking low damage.
|Stage 2: Ser Zephirin & Ser Vellguine
||Zephirin spawns in the center of the room and immediately begins casting Sacred Cross, which has a 15 second cast time. Players must DPS him down as quickly as possible; the lower his health, the less damage Sacred Cross will do. Vellguine will spawn at the edge of the arena towards the end of Sacred Cross's cast, spawning a large line AoE across the center of the arena. After a few seconds, he will charge across, dealing moderate damage to players caught in it.
|Stage 3: Ser Janlenoux, Ser Adelphel, & Ser Ignasse
||Janlenoux and Adelphel will spawn on either side of the center of the arena. They should be tanked and faced away from the group, as they can cleave; they also use the skills Holiest of Holy and Holy Bladedance. Ignasse will spawn in the center after a few seconds, before leaping away to a random edge of the arena and using Skyward Leap.
|Holiest of Holy
||AoE used by Ser Janlenoux & Ser Adelphel. Deals light damage on its own, but they cast it together to deal moderate damage.
||Tankbuster used by Ser Janlenoux & Ser Adelphel. Multiple hits in a short time.
||Used by Ser Ignasse. Places a proximity marker.
|Stage 4: Ser Paulecrain & Ser Haumeric
||Paulecrain will spawn offcenter, and Haumeric will spawn along the edge of the arena. Paulecrain will use Hiemal Storm and Haumeric will useSpinal Pierce.
||Ser Paulecrain will mark multiple random players with large white ice AoEs that will follow them. Players should move these towards the walls as they will explode after a few moments, leaving behind ice puddles that slow players and deal damage.
||A line AoE on a random player that follows them, extending from Ser Haumeric. After a few seconds, Haumeric will charge the player, dealing moderate damage to the targeted player and anyone else standing in the AoE.
|Stage 5: Ser Grinnaux, Ser Noudenel, & Ser Guerrique
||Grinnaux spawns immediately after the AoEs used by Ser Paulecrain & Ser Haumeric go off. Spawns Red Puddles. Noudenel spawns a few seconds later, charging up his own attack, Meteors. Guerrique spawns in the middle of the Meteors and uses Heavy Impact.
||Red Puddles will form under each player that will grow. Once they reach maximum size, they will explode, dealing damage to players standing on them. If players are standing on multiple AoEs, they will take more damage.
||Four Comet Circles will spawn equidistant around the outside of the arena with one Meteor Circle in the center. Players should quickly kill the Comet Circles as they will explode first, dealing moderate damage for each one that goes off. The Meteor Circle will explode last and has the most health, potentially wiping the raid if it goes off.
||Used twice by Ser Guerrique and targets a random player. Spawns a 270° expanding AoE around him, with each expansion going off one after the other, starting from the center. Players can sidestep onto the AoE and back into the part that just detonated to avoid being hit by the rest. Being hit deals light damage and inflicts players with a Sludge dot.
|Stage 6: The Light of Ascalon
||Thordan's Ultimate. Signals the start of Phase 3.
Advice and Tips
- While the number of things listed might look overwhelming, they happen in stages and the majority are extremely obvious and easy to deal with.
- Make sure to run away from your chain partner for Holy Chains.
- At least one player should be standing in each Conviction Tower to avoid the paralysis.
For this phase, Thordan will just walk towards random players, using frontal cleaves as he goes. You can use the limit break now to kill him.