The weather of Eorzea is subject to change. Certain weather conditions mean different things in the game. Some examples are:
- Fishing has many different kinds of fish which can only be caught during certain weather and Time of day. Raincaller (Rain), Son of Levin (Thunderstorms), and Olgoi-khorkhoi (Heat Wave) are some examples.
- When one of the areas of The Black Shroud (excluding New and Old Gridania) shows as (Tension) it means that Odin has spawned. As his FATE does not show up on the map or mini-map unless you are close to where it is currently spawned at, you'll need to thoroughly investigate to find him.
- The Sightseeing Log has the biggest reliance upon what the current weather is, in addition to the Time of day.
- Skywatchers can tell you the current and upcoming weather for any area.
Types of Weather
An icon will be displayed in the top-right corner of the mini-map to represent the current weather.
- Each zone has a small set of possible weather conditions.
- Some weather is unique to a zone (ie: Heat Waves in Southern Thanalan)
- The weather has a chance to change at 12:00am, 8:00am, and 04:00pm Eorzean Time.
The weather listed below is usually associated with a dungeon, section of a Raid, or Boss Fight in a Trial and do not appear in the outside world (with the exception of Tension, Hyperelectricity and Royal Levin.)
This category currently contains no pages or media. (links)